Need to have someone evaluated for drug or alcohol abuse?
Being asked to arrange a drug or alcohol evaluation for another person can feel like a major undertaking. You might find yourself in this position if you are:
- A Designated Employee Representative (DER) whose Department of Transport (DOT) guideline-covered employee has tested positive for drugs or alcohol or who has admitted to having an alcohol or drug problem
- A manager or human resources professional whose employee has tested positive for drugs or alcohol or who has admitted to having an alcohol or drug problem
- An employer who needs to evaluate a prospective new hire with previous drug or alcohol abuse problems
- An attorney or Child Family Investigator (CFI) who’s legally required to organize a drug or alcohol evaluation for your client.
Regardless of your role, if you’re arranging an evaluation for someone else, you need to feel 100% confident in the evaluator you choose.
So how do you pick the right substance abuse evaluation professional?
Sometimes, it’s easy. Your colleague recommends a particular person. Your company always uses the same evaluator. There’s only one licensed professional in your area.
Other times, however, the decision’s a little less straightforward. When you have several potential options, it can be hard to identify the best person for your situation. If that’s true in your case, you want to ensure you pick an evaluator who:
- Is appropriately licensed to perform this specific type of drug or alcohol evaluation
- Has a solid foundation of experience in evaluating substance abuse in similar cases
- Can quickly and efficiently provide you with evaluation information you can trust to be accurate
- Will properly “dot the ‘i’s and cross the ‘t’s” throughout the entire process to avoid generating any unpleasant surprises or extra work down the line
In short, you want someone who’ll make the evaluation process as simple and smooth as possible – both for you, and for the person being evaluated.
As an experienced, licensed Substance Abuse Professional, I can make your job much easier
I’ve worked as a licensed Clinical Social Worker and licensed Addictions Counselor for over 20 years. In that time, I’ve performed a vast number of Substance Abuse Evaluations within a variety of legal frameworks, including:
- DOT SAP (Department of Transport Substance Abuse Professional) evaluations
- Drug-Free Workplace Evaluations
- Substance Abuse Assessment for criminal court and DUI matters
- Substance Abuse Evaluations for divorce or family court matters
That means I’m familiar with the requirements that apply to most forms of drug and alcohol evaluation situations. And that, in turn, means I can ensure the entire process – from first contact to evaluation signoff – runs as smoothly as possible for you.
Need more information about drug or alcohol evaluations?
If you’ve never arranged a drug or alcohol evaluation for a third party before, you might be uncertain about how the process works. You can read through the Drug and Alcohol Evaluation page or the SAP Evaluation page to learn more about what to expect for both you, and the person being evaluated. If you are looking for more information about my credentials and qualifications, you can find that here.
Avoid unnecessary hassle: get in touch with me to discuss your drug or alcohol evaluation needs. Arranging a drug or alcohol evaluation for a third party can be a difficult experience. Working with the right professional, however, can make it far less stressful for both you and the person being evaluated.