You can stop alcohol from destroying your life.
Your drinking may have been “normal” at one time. You drank, maybe heavily on occasion, but you knew you were in control. Back then, you knew you could stop drinking alcohol if you wanted to… any time you wanted to, in fact. But why would you want to? It was fun…and it felt good.
Lately though, things are less clear. Drinking isn’t just at parties and it isn’t fun most of the time. You may have noticed cravings for alcohol, times when you experience a strong desire or urge to drink. Maybe you are experiencing some withdrawal symptoms after drinking, things like nausea, hand tremors, or severe headaches. Maybe you are taking risks that you shouldn’t be taking, or keeping secrets from people you care about.
Perhaps someone you love keeps pushing you to stop drinking or to seek outpatient alcohol addiction treatment. And although you certainly wouldn’t tell them, you just can’t help wondering somewhere deep down inside yourself if maybe they’re right.
The good news is that you CAN learn how to stop drinking.
You can learn to stop:
- thinking about when and where you are going to get your next drink
- hiding your drinking
- drinking when you didn’t plan on drinking
- drinking more alcohol than you intended
- experiencing the “morning after” effects of drinking
- drinking and driving
- fighting with your spouse or partner after drinking
- lying about your drinking
- taking sexual risks while drinking
- thinking about how you should stop drinking
As trained addictions therapists, we can work with you in outpatient alcohol addiction treatment to help you to beat your drinking problem.
Recovery takes a lot of support from someone who understands the reality of what you’re going through to get there. At Comprehensive Addiction Solutions, we use research proven treatment methods that will:
- Give you tools and strategies to help you overcome alcohol abuse and addiction and stop the mental obsession you have with alcohol
- Treat you like a whole person, with all your thoughts, beliefs, feelings and experiences
- Support you in learning and practicing the skills you need to stay sober and maintain your recovery
While the idea of overcoming alcohol abuse and addiction can feel overwhelming, it is totally, 100% possible. People really do manage it every day. So if you’ve hit the point where you’d like to get back the life you had before alcohol started messing things up for you? I want you to know that breaking free can definitely happen.
You might not be ready to commit to working with me right now…
If you’re not ready to start outpatient alcohol addiction treatment quite yet, that’s totally OK. The truth is that the decision about who you’ll work with to learn how to stop drinking is a big one. I generally don’t recommend you make it without doing some research first.
For example, you might want to find out more about:
- My experience and qualifications
- What you can expect from working with me
- My approach to working with clients
And of course, if you have any specific questions, please just ask. I’d be happy to answer them.
But if NOW is finally the time to stop drinking? Contact me!
If you know the problems that alcohol causes you are no longer worth the payoff, I’d love to help.