Lorraine Bockman is available to provide expert witness services and consultation services to attorneys and other mental health professionals. With 25+ years of practice in the field of addictions, she is considered to have the special knowledge, experience, and education that goes far beyond basic public information in the field of substance use, abuse, additions, and other related topics.
Ms. Bockman has the skills you may be seeking in an expert witness including:
- communication – she has the ability to explain clinical information in a way that is understandable in order to teach the “finder of fact” about substance use, abuse, and addiction and other related topics
- team player – she expects to work as part of the team and is willing to incorporate suggestions to assist her performance and impact
- confidence – she will demonstrate mastery of the subject, belief in her conclusions, poise and professionalism in her presentation
- honesty – she will assess the topics in question in a fair and balanced manner and provide a clear, concise, ethical, objective response to the questions in the case
Ms. Bockman’s expert witness practice areas include:
- Review and analysis of the case to determine if she could be helpful as an expert witness
- Substance Use Evaluations for individuals
- Review and analysis of cases involving the professional standards of care in substance abuse treatment services
- Review and critique of opposing expert opinions and testimony
- Consultation on discovery, depositions and trial preparation
- Reports and expert witness testimony
She has five litigation and 50 pre-litigation and consulting projects to her credit. She has worked with both plaintiffs and defendants with both favorable and unfavorable findings to the parties.
As an expert witness, Ms. Bockman keeps professional ethics at the forefront of her practice keeping the following concerns in mind:
- The consequences for the parties involved
- The established legal, ethical, and professional standards
- Respect for the rights of all parties
- Her professional obligations including beneficence (best interests of the parties involved) and nonmaleficence (avoiding harm)
In addition to the ethical considerations, Ms. Bockman is mindful of the Federal Rule of Evidence (FRE) 702 and the Daubert decision.
In light of The Federal Rule of Evidence (FRE) 702, Ms. Bockman will work to ensure that she offers specialized knowledge to assist help the trier of fact to understand the information presented; that her information is based on sufficient facts and data; and that she uses and applies reliable principals and methods to her work in the case.
Ms. Bockman carefully considers the Daubert test when developing and evaluating her expert testimony. She uses theories and methods that have been tested, are reliable and valid, and have been subject to peer review and publication; and she ensures that her theories and methods are generally accepted within the “relevant scientific community” .
If you have additional questions or are interested in utilizing Ms. Bockman as an expert witness, please call 303-214-5299 or send an email to schedule an introductory discussion. Curriculum Vitae available upon request.