You CAN take control of your depression.
Do you remember feeling “normal”? That time, way back when, before the grey fog took over?
Back when you found life meaningful, enjoyed being with your family, and actually liked getting out of bed and going to work every day? You probably didn’t think about it, you just took the feelings for granted.
But slowly, over time, those feelings disappeared. And lately you are noticing that you are feeling significantly less optimistic and compassionate towards others. Perhaps you are sleeping or eating too much as a way to escape or maybe you are at the point where you feel hopeless, helpless, and just plain overwhelmed. Quite possibly, you are dealing with depression.
Maybe your depression doesn’t look like that at all. Your depression may look like irritability. Your tolerance level for other people, poor judgment, and mistakes is low or non-existent. You are easily frustrated over the smallest issues and you let those small issues become mountains in your mind. Lately you find yourself agitated more than you were in the past and you are short with others even if you don’t mean to be. Others may have even mentioned to you that you are “crabby” or “awfully touchy these days”. Perhaps you are engaging in risky sexual behavior, self injury, or have turned to excessive alcohol or drug use to cope with the overwhelming feelings.
You do not have to continue to battle those inner demons on your own.
Dealing with depression is no fun. Since you are here, you have probably realized that you cannot continue to drown in the pool of negative thoughts or self-hatred. You are considering taking steps to change things. Maybe others have said that you need to look into medications or therapy for depression. And perhaps at this point you have realized that you agree – it is time to make a change. Life can be pleasurable, fulfilling, and full of color again.
You can make a decision to get help with your depression and:
- Decrease your anxious feelings and control them when they do appear
- Manage your anger with appropriate coping skills
- Bring your concentration back to normal levels
- Learn to sleep normally again
- Get rid of unexplained physical ailments
- Manage your weight and eating habits
- Eliminate frequent crying and overwhelming feelings of sadness
- Expunge thoughts of self harm and suicide from your life
- Enjoy activities by yourself, with family members, and with friends
- Feel hopeful for the future
As a trained therapists, we can work with you in individual therapy to help you gain control over your depression.
Change takes a lot of support from someone who understands the reality of what you’re going through to get there. At Comprehensive Addiction Solutions, we understand that knowing how to cure depression takes more than one or two positive thoughts. We use research proven treatment methods for depression that will:
- Give you tools and strategies to help you cope with your feelings and stressful events and help you participate in your routine activities again with pleasure
- Treat you like a whole person, with all your thoughts, beliefs, feelings and experiences
- Support you in learning and practicing the skills you need to find and maintain your passion, creativity, drive, and enthusiasm every day!
Have you have hit the point where you’d like help dealing with your depression? Where you would like to get back the life you had before the depression took over? You should know that even thought it seems overwhelming; it is totally, 100% possible. People do it every day. So I want you to know that breaking free can definitely happen. Therapy for depression can help you take control of your life again.
You might not be ready to commit to working with me right now…
If you’re not ready to start therapy for your depression quite yet, that’s totally OK. The truth is that the decision about who you work with in treatment is a big one. I generally don’t recommend you make it without doing some research first.
For example, you might want to find out more about:
- My experience and qualifications
- What you can expect from working with me
- My approach to working with clients
And of course, if you have any specific questions, please just ask. I’d be happy to answer them.
But if NOW is finally the time to make some changes? Contact me!
If you know that it is time to find out how to deal with your depression, I’d love to help.