You Can Take The Power Back From Your Anxiety
A long time ago, you feel like you were a calm, rational person. You went out with friends or to parties and enjoyed yourself. You felt like you fit into most social situations comfortably and you found it easy to socialize and be around other people. You slept through the night without waking up and your body and mind operated in a relaxed state most days.
Today your life looks very different. If you are able to leave the house, you have to to “gear up” to go out in public. You feel like you are suffocating most of the time and you experience near constant racing thoughts, muscle tension that does not go away, and bone numbing fatigue. If you ever sleep completely through the night, you wake up in a panic wondering what happened while you were asleep and regardless of what is going on around you, you are unable to calm yourself down.
Maybe you have never felt like a calm, rational person. Perhaps your anxiety has been around for as long as you can remember. It has caused you many nights of lost sleep every week, it shows up as irrational fear that follows you around everywhere you go, and it causes a big swirling tornado in your stomach that often makes you feel like you want to vomit. Perhaps you are engaging in risky sexual behavior, self injury, sleeping or eating too much or too little, or you have turned to excessive alcohol or drug use in an attempt cope with the constant, overwhelming feelings.
You Do Not Have To Continue To Battle This Beast Alone.
Feeling caged in with your anxiety is miserable. The excessive, irrational dread of everyday situations is disabling. Since you are looking around for help, you have probably realized that you cannot continue to be buried alive by persistent, seemingly uncontrollable, and overwhelming anxious thoughts. You are considering taking steps to change things. Maybe others have said that you need to look into counseling or medications. And perhaps at this point you have realized that you agree – it is time to make a change.
You can have a normal life and learn to:
- Reduce your feelings of panic, fear, and uneasiness and control them when they do appear
- Learn to sleep normally again
- Get rid of unexplained cold or sweaty hands and/or feet, shortness of breath, dry mouth, and nausea
- Teach your mind and body to be still and calm
- Manage your anger with appropriate coping skills
- Manage your weight and eating habits
- Enjoy activities out in public
As a trained therapists, we can work with you in individual therapy to help you gain control over your anxiety.
Change takes a lot of support from someone who understands the reality of what you’re going through to get there. At Comprehensive Addiction Solutions, we understand that telling your anxious thoughts to go away is not that easy. And we are aware that people often self medicate with alcohol or drugs to try and make the feelings go away. We use research proven treatment methods that will:
- Give you tools and strategies to help you cope with your anxious feelings and potential stressful events and help you participate in your routine activities again with pleasure
- Treat you like a whole person, with all your thoughts, beliefs, feelings and experiences
- Support you in learning and practicing the skills you need to find and maintain your passion, creativity, drive, and enthusiasm every day!
You might not be ready to commit to working with me right now…
If you’re not ready to start anxiety treatment quite yet, that’s totally OK. The truth is that the decision about who you work with in therapy is a big one. I generally don’t recommend you make it without doing some research first.
For example, you might want to find out more about:
- My experience and qualifications
- What you can expect from working with me
- My approach to working with clients
And of course, if you have any specific questions, please just ask. I’d be happy to answer them.
Breaking free can definitely happen. People learn to manage their anxiety and go on to have normal lives every day. I want you to know that is possible. If you have hit the point where you’d like an anxiety free life Contact Me! If you know that you want to be the boss over your anxiety, I’d love to help.